Following information are from Zhoushan local ship agent and customs broker in private and given in good faith without guarantee fyi. It is apriciated that owner could check directly and make bunker arrangement accordingly.
4 Days prior to vessel arrival:
- Owner shall inquire bunker price from bunker trader company or one of Nine physical suppliers in Zhoushan directly;
- Thereafter, choose best quotation and sign bunker supply contract after agreement including payment terms;
3 Days prior to vessel arrival:
- Owner shall pay bunkering according to contract when no credit payment term to account listed in contract;
- Owner shall appoint vessel agent in Zhoushan, negotiate Pda and pay Pda in advance to agent;
- Owner shall prepare and give vessel related certificates and documents to vessel agent;
- Owner shall decide whether it is necesary to hire bunkering surveyor and fullfill document of hire bunkering surveyor;
- Vessel agent shall send anchorage information in details to owner and or master of vessel;
2 Days prior to vessel arrival:
- Owner shall check with vessel agent whether fuels' custom clerance is passed and vessel entry application is approved;
1 Day prior to vessel arrival:
- Owner shall check vessel bunkering prospect with vessel agent;
The day when vessel arrival:
- Vessel agent should apply exact bunkering prospect according to vessel final ETA;
- Vessel agent should finish departure application and get approved with blank format of Certificate of Port Clearance;
- Vessel boarding agent should take barge boat with physical supplier's officer to vessel at Xiazhimen South anchorage;
- Vessel boarding agent should take all original documents of entry and departure application from vessel with master's stamp and signature and give blank format of Certificate of Port Clearance to master of vessel;
- Master of vessel should sign code number by hand in blank format of Certificate of Port Clearance from vessel agent after delivery of bunkering and depart to next port.
Feasibility analysis on bunkering in Zhoushan by three sea route comparison
-Author is Lu Benyuan who is PM of Marinecircle.com and has 10 years shipping exprerience in ship-owner company.